This page is currently incomplete, however it eventually will meet the follow requirements:
- Broadly define a BluWiki Sysop
- Describe the role of a BluWiki Sysop
- Describe how to apply to become a sysop (for right now, just message me).
- Other misc. sysop stuff
The Role of a Sysop
Temporary modifications to the Sysop's role
Their role as it applies to Users
- Create and maintain a document that makes it clear to users what they can and can not do. This should be outlined in BluWiki:Policy.
- Work to improve the user experience on BluWiki, specifically the new user experience.
- This would include the improving BluWiki categorization project, with the goal of categorizing every page on BluWiki.
- Assist users with any problems they might experience, including:
- Ensure that users do not act in a way that is destructive to the BluWiki community, including:
- Working to control the defacing of public or private BluWiki pages, which commonly occurs through "linkspam"
- Working to control the abuse of BluWiki resources (including the BluWiki server, the server's internet connection, and the public BluWiki namespace)
Their role as it applies to Sysops
- Create and maintain a document that specifies the role of a sysop (this page).
- Recruit and maintain a body of sysops that:
- Is large enough for each facet of the sysop's role (as outlined here) is performed to a satisfactory degree by at least one sysop.
- Yet is not excessively or unnecessarily large
- Ensure that other sysops do not engage in practices that harm the BluWiki community or decrease its attractiveness to others.